1.0 EFT – Mental Health Team Manager
Fisher River Health Services/Rainbow House Wellness Centre
LOCATION: FRCN Rainbow House Wellness Centre
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Health
Under the direction of the Director of Health, the Mental Health Team Manager functions in a leadership, resource and counseling role to coordinate and enhance all components of the Mental Health and Wellness programs. The incumbent will liaise with external organization partners and internal community partners, services and supports to ensure on-going communication and participation within working committees.
- A degree in Social Work, Nursing or related field or equivalent education and related experience may be considered;
- Minimum (5) years demonstrated experience in behavioral health counseling, crisis counseling, case management or related community support services;
- Competencies in the areas of leadership, interpersonal skills, communication (both written and verbal), results management, critical thinking, and self-management are required;
- Understanding of First Nations Health Care Delivery and Services of Mental Health and areas of other wellness;
- Understanding of Harm Reduction Initiatives;
- Experience working with First Nations is an asset; knowledge of Fisher River Cree Nation traditions and practices;
- Knowledge of working with Work-plans and Budgets;
- Knowledge of Manitoba Mental Health Act;
- Extensive knowledge of addictions services/programs in the community and in Manitoba;
- Previous experience in providing support referral services to clients/individuals/families;
- Previous supervisory experience in service delivery essential to this position;
- Copy of Valid Manitoba driver’s license and access to a vehicle is a requirement.
- Proficient in computerized systems (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Must be available time to time to work flexible hours and travel when required;
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Adult Abuse Registry and Child Abuse Registry;
- Must be willing to adhere to Illegal Drug testing as per FRCN Band Policy/Procedures.
Administrative and Management:
- Preparation of monthly reports for Fisher River Cree Nation Health Board;
- Provides on-going leadership to an interdisciplinary mental health care team;
- Maintain confidential verbal & written records of client interactions;
- Maintain a resource database and library of information about addictions and resources;
- Establish, monitor and evaluate annual objectives/action plans for the Mental Health program, including all wellness programs; participates in the development of the annual work plan;
- Develop proposals to access funding for potential resources/programs;
- Reports significant information related to client care to the FRCN Health Director, in a timely manner;
- Evaluates an on-going basis client care and indicator reporting;
- Participates in program planning which is based on client satisfaction, recovery philosophy, research based evidence and cost effective client care;
- Maintains on-going communication with the Mental Health and Wellness team in a planned and timely manner using various technology (telehealth, teleconference and webinars) and in-person meetings;
- Recommend proper training and education programs for the Wellness Team;
- Maintains awareness of safety, security and emergency policies and procedures;
- Ensures all programs and services within the Mental Health program are culturally appropriate and staff are educated for sensitive culture awareness;
- Ensure adherence to the FRCN Drug By-Law 2004-01 along with its policies and procedures;
- Participate in on-going Illegal Drug Strategy meetings.
Deadline: May 22, 2020
Please submit a Cover Letter along with Resume, 3 references (1 recent employer), and your Criminal Record Check, Adult/Child Abuse Registry to:
Dolly Cochrane, Human Resource Department
Drop off, Email: email@example.com or Fax: 204-645-2461
We thank all who apply, advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.