SUMMER STUDENT WORK EXPERIENCE WITH THE FIRST NATION HEALING CENTRE
Seeking two “Healing Helpers” (Summer Students)
The First Nation Healing Centre specializes in domestic abuse and family violence, as well as provides programming and resource support to community members. We are currently looking for two “Healing Helpers”, that can help us get our centre sanitized, organized and up to standards when considering the COVID precautions and modifications.
To be eligible, students must hand in a cover letter and resume and meet the following criteria:
- Fisher River Cree Nation band member
- Attended Fisher River High School and/or was in post-secondary education
- Must have been in school prior to closure due to the pandemic
- Applicants must be 18-29 years of age
- Must have social insurance number and sign code of confidentiality
- Must adhere to the Fisher River Cree Nation Drug By-Law 2004-01, sec 8.
- Summer students must provide their own ride to and from their place of work
- Work hours 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday and paid bi-weekly
- Job positions will be for July 20th – September 4th, 2020
- Duties will include outdoor labour, painting, working with the public, cleaning and organizing, assisting housekeeper and maintenance
- Drivers licenses is always an asset
- One Healing helper will be given the opportunity to assist the Executive Director with other duties such as filing, administration work and coordinating wellness
- Applicants must be sensitive to and understand the work the First Nation Healing Centre does in the area of Domestic Abuse and Family
Only those that hand in a cover letter and resume will be eligible for interviews.
Closing date for applications July 17 th 2020
Please submit completed resume and cover letter to:
Human Resource Coordinator
Fisher River Cree Nation
Box 367, Koostatak, MB