EFT 1.0- Health Care Aide
Under the general Supervision of the Home Care Coordinator, the Health Care Aide will be required to provide Home Care services for the established Home & Community Care Program (HCCP) for the community of Fisher River. The objective of the Health Care Aide is to provide home management, personal care and respite assistance to the HCCP clients based on the assessed needs. The goal is to promote self-care and independence for the client in the familiar environment of their home.
- Current Health Care Aide/Home Care Aide Certification;
- Understanding of the First Nations Health Care Delivery and Services of the Home & Community Care Program HCCP;
- Current CPR/FA and WHIMIS;
- Ability to work as a team member and also work independently;
- Knowledge & experience in working with the Elderly, disabled and/or physical limitation of clientele;
- Knowledge of FRCN traditions, lifestyle and language would be an asset;
- Knowledge of basic computer skills, ie: emails, Microsoft Word;
- Must be available to work flexible hours and to travel when required;
- Must have valid Manitoba Driver’s Licence and own vehicle to get to and from work and to clients’ homes;
- Must adhere to FRCN Policies & Procedures, including the Illegal Drug By-law, Adult Abuse/Child Abuse Registry;
- Must be COVID-19 double-vaccinated.
Please submit Resume/Cover Letter with 2 references (recent employer), along with your Criminal Record Check to:
Dolly Cochrane, Human Resource Department
Drop off, Email: [email protected] or Fax: 204-645-2461
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.