Fisher River Cree Nation is currently seeking a Senior Program Assistant
(Term Position to end of March 31, 2023)
FRCN supports a New Horizons Program for Seniors; this program will provide activities that promote intergenerational interaction among community members to help maintain a well-rounded healthy community. The program will also provide opportunities for Seniors to participate in recreational activities with the Youth at the Recreation Complex, Fitness Centre and Education training facilities. These activities will encourage Seniors to and engage with the youth and provide an opportunity to share knowledge and improve cooperation and partnerships within the community. Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Operations, the successful incumbent is responsible for:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with small repairs and maintenance needed at the home,
- Outdoor cleaning (washing of windows), grass cutting and trimming in summer months,
- Cleaning sidewalks and shovelling of snow in winter months,
- Wood cutting and piling,
- Assist with grocery deliveries,
- Plan activities with the Senior and Youth at the Recreation Complex, Fitness Centre.
- Ability to assess, perform and identify/repair maintenance needs
- Capable of assembling equipment and furniture
- Other duties assigned.
- Training and/or minimum of one-year experience in caretaker/cleaning/janitorial duties.
- Acquired training in WHMIS, or willing to be trained to perform above duties,
- Must be in good physical shape and able to meet the physical demand,
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision,
- Must be able to identify mechanical/structural needs,
- Must be courteous, pleasant, and offer your assistance when needed,
- Must have valid Manitoba Driver’s License,
- Must be responsible for own transportation to work-site,
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team,
- Must adhere to all, procedures, and policies established by FRCN
- Must provide with Resume a Criminal Record Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check, and Child Abuse Registry Check
Please submit a Cover Letter along with your Resume to:
Colleen Amos, Human Resource Coordinator
Email: [email protected] or Fax: 204-645-2745
DEADLINE FOR RESUMES: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The successful candidate will be subject to a pre-screening drug test (as per the FRCN By-Law 2004-01, Sec. 8.01). We thank all those who applied; however, applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.