Fisher River Cree Nation (FRCN) is looking for interested FRCN community members to join the Fisher River Cree Nation Health Center board.
Interested community members are asked to submit a letter of interest with a brief description of your background and outlining why you will be the best candidate. The positions will begin July 2022 and end March, 2024. All terms will be for two (2) years.
Selection of qualified individuals will be determined by FRCN Leadership once submissions are complete as per Section 2.2 (t) of the FRCN Governance Code which states all boards representatives and committee members will be appointed.
Eligible Applicants must be:
- A member of the Fisher River Cree Nation;
- At least 18 years of age;
- Residing on the reserve;
- Be of good character and respected by others in the community;
- Not in default/arrears with any Band Entity or Economic Development Loan payments;
- Not a contractor of service and/or goods that will deemed as a conflict of interest;
- Adhere to the FRCN Employment Policy and pre-employment requirements
- adherent to the FRCN Drug By-law 2004-01, Sec. 8.01.
- complete a child and adult abuse registry check and criminal record check.
Duties of Committee Members:
- To attend regular monthly meetings and/or special meetings as needed.
- Act at all times in the best interest of FRCN members as a whole and promote the purpose and objectives of the FRCN Health Center.
- No members of the FRCN Health Center Board act as an individual on behalf of the Board, but will represent the FRCN Health Center in a positive and respectful manner while in public.
- Other roles and responsibilities as assigned.
If interested, please submit your letter to Marge Murdock at [email protected] or FRCN Administration Office.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION: until filled