Fisher River Cree Nation (FRCN) members interested in being part of the Lands & Resources Department Board are to submit a letter of interest. F.R.C.N. is seeking Five (5) Members to fill the position. This will be a (2) two-year Term.
Selection of qualified individuals will be determined by FRCN Leadership once submissions are complete as per Section 2.2 (t) of the FRCN Governance Code which states all boards representatives and committee members will be appointed.
Eligible applicants Must be:
- A member of the Fisher River Cree Nation;
- At least 18 years of age;
- Be of good character and respected by others in the community;
- Not in default/arrears with any Band Entity or Economic Development Loan payments;
- Not a contractor of service and/or goods that will deemed as a conflict of interest;
- Adhere to the FRCN Employment Policy and pre-employment requirements
- adherent to the FRCN Drug By-law 2004-01, Sec. 8.01.
- complete a child and adult abuse registry check and criminal record check.
Duties of Committee Members:
- To attend regular monthly meetings and/or special meetings as needed.
- Act at all times in the best interest of FRCN members as a whole and promote the purpose and objectives of the Lands & Resources Department.
- No members of the Lands & Resources Department act as an individual on behalf of the Board, but will represent the Lands & Resources Department in a positive and respectful manner while in public.
- Other roles and responsibilities as assigned.
If interested, please submit your letter to Marge Murdock at [email protected] or FRCN Administration Office.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION: Open until filled
Terms of Reference will be provided if you are selected