Fisher River Board of Education invites applications for an Occupational Therapist for the 2023/2024 school year.
- Must be licensed or eligible for licensure by the Manitoba Society of Occupational Therapists and be eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists.
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy or Rehabilitation Sciences from a recognized program.
- Training in assessment and treatment models appropriate to those affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder diagnoses is desired.
- Clinical experience with a pediatric population is desired.
- Experience working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder diagnoses is desired.
- Dependable and well organized
- Experience working with children and youth
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Willing to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of speaking and/or writing the Cree Language would be an asset, willing to learn the Cree Language
- To provide children, direct occupational therapy services.
- Will be responsible for providing assessment throughout the school year for all students and training resources for school personnel and families as required.
- Responsible for assisting and guiding teachers in observing, describing, and referring students for occupational therapy.
- Consult with teaching teams to develop and implement curriculum modifications and appropriate classroom strategies.
- Conducting assessments, analyzing results, and writing reports to address the physical, cognitive, and sensory components for the students.
- Will have knowledge of how to use meaningful activities to help children and youth participate in what they need and/or want to do in order to promote physical and mental wellbeing in and out of school.
- Utilize the Cree language and local culture.
Applicants may submit a covering letter along with a resume, Child Abuse and Criminal Record Checks, and include 3 references (one of which must be the last supervisor) to:
Fisher River Board of Education Office
Box 368, Koostatak, MB R0C 1S0
E-mail: [email protected]
The successful candidate’s employment is contingent upon meeting all pre-employment policies of the Fisher River Cree Nation.
All applicants are thanked for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for resumes: OPEN UNTIL FILLED