Fisher River Board of Education invites applications for a School Psychologist for the 2023/2024 school year.
- Master’s Degree in School Psychology or related field with appropriate supervised clinical experience
- Valid Manitoba School Psychologist Certificate (or eligibility for)
- Successful completion of formal training in psycho-educational assessments
- Strong clinical skills and a broad knowledge base in child and adolescent development, cognitive processes, mental health, school and community systems, learning, and behaviour disorders
- Willing to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of speaking and/or writing the Cree Language would be an asset, willing to learn the Cree Language
- Conducts and interprets diagnostic testing in a full range of assessment tests.
- Works with school staff and parents to identify and develop support for student needs
- Provide services for students with developmental, learning, behavioural and social/emotional challenges.
- Collaborates with principals, teachers, parents, and other professionals to create safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments for all students.
- Clinical practice duties include psychological assessments, as well as treatment and research studies and evaluations.
- Prepares and submits written reports in accordance with division timelines
- Liaises with outside agencies to ensure a coordinated and comprehensive approach to student planning and intervention
- Forwards referrals to outside agencies in consultation with school personnel and/or the Student Services Team
- Works with the Student Services Team to facilitate professional learning for school staff and parents
- Provides support with Threat Assessment, Crisis Response, and/or Tragic Events, as needed
- Complies with the Canadian Psychological Association Code of Ethics and guidelines regarding providing Psychological Services via Electronic Media
- Maintains confidentiality in accordance with professional guidelines.
- Utilize the Cree language and local culture.
Applicants may submit a covering letter along with a resume, Child Abuse and Criminal Record Checks, and include 3 references (one of which must be the last supervisor) to:
Fisher River Board of Education Office
Box 368, Koostatak, MB R0C 1S0
E-mail: [email protected]
The successful candidate’s employment is contingent upon meeting all pre-employment policies of the Fisher River Cree Nation.
All applicants are thanked for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for resumes: OPEN UNTIL FILLED