Fisher River Cree Nation members interested in being a part of the Housing Committee are to submit a letter of interest. F.R.C.N. is seeking three (3) individuals to fill the positions beginning July 2020 and ending July 2022 for a two (2) year term.
The Fisher River Cree Nation Housing Committee is a standing Authority of Council on housing. The Housing Committee is responsible for drafting housing policies and programs regarding new construction, maintenance, repairs, rental units, tenant selection and associated infrastructure. It also recommends budgets and changes for the First Nation Housing Policy and Program including a transparent appeal process. It is the regulatory body which ensures the implementation of its policy.
The Housing Committee will assume operational control of the housing programs.
Eligible Applicants must be:
- a member of the Fisher River Cree Nation;
- at least 18 years of age;
- residing on the reserve;
- be of good character and respected by others in the community;
- be knowledgeable of the housing situation in the community;
- not in default/arrears with any Band Entity or Economic Development Loan payments;
- not a contractor of service and/or goods in the area of housing;
- adherent to the FRCN Drug By-law 2004-01, Sec. 01.
Duties of Committee Members:
- To attend regular monthly meetings and/or special meetings as
- Act at all times in the best interest of the Fisher River Cree Nation members as a whole and promote the purpose and objectives of the housing program.
- No members of the Housing Committee shall act as an individual on behalf of the Housing Committee, but will represent the committee in a positive and respectful manner while in
- Other roles and responsibilities as
Please submit your letter stating a brief description of our background and interest why you will be the best candidate to:
Fisher River Cree Nation
Attention: Candy Garson, Housing Manager
RE: Housing Committee Member
P.O. Box 367, Koostatak, Manitoba, ROC 1S0
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION: JUNE 30, 2020