Effective immediately; the Chief & Council have extended all COVID-19 Security Measures until 11:59pm February 5, 2021.
**Definition of Immediate Household means all people living in the same family unit.**
- Curfew is 9:00pm – 6:00am, which means all the Checkpoints will be Closed for anyone coming in and going out (exception is made for emergency purposes).
- A Stay at Home Order is now in place from 10:00pm – 6:00am, which means all residents should be in their homes and are to stay home during these hours. The additional hour is to give employees and customers from local stores time to head home. Anyone caught breaking the Stay at Home Order will be subject to fines. Fines begin at $1,296.00. (exception is made for emergency purposes).
- A Travel Ban is in-place for the City of Winnipeg, exceptions will be made for medical purposes only.
- Please only travel out of the three communities for essentials purposes only (groceries, medical, banking) and to travel as far as the City of Selkirk for day trips only.
- Individuals who attend any medical appointments in the City of Winnipeg (Day or Overnight) must Self-Isolate for 48 hours, and than to Self-Monitor for 14 days. Please limit your movement around the community during the 14 day Self-Monitoring period. Please bring your doctors note back with you.
- Fisher River Cree Nation will be open for essential services ONLY (fuel/groceries/supplies) to our neighbouring communities of Kinonjeoshtegon First Nation, Peguis First Nation, Fisher Bay, Dallas and Red Rose.
- At this time visitation from our neighboring communities will not be allowed and will be allowed to enter the community for essential purposes as stated above.
- There will be NO GATHERINGS/VISITS/PARTIES at this time. Members/Residents are not to visit anyone outside your immediate household. There are some exceptions for those who live alone and for childcare, healthcare, property maintenance and emergencies. Anyone caught having a gathering(s) may be subject to fines/penalties issued from the RCMP, fines start from $1,296.00 and up.
- Off-Reserve members will NOT be allowed to visit at this time.
- The Arena will remain open to Skating Bookings; bookings will only be your immediate household members only.
- Funerals/Weddings – Limited to 5 individuals (rotating) inside maximum indoors plus the officiant and must practice social distancing.
Please remember to follow the best practices when out & about even when in the community:
- wearing a face mask in the public,
- maintain Social distancing,
- clean commonly touched surfaces,
- frequently wash hands for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer,
- avoid contact with sick individuals,
- stay home if feeling sick, even if mild symptoms; and
- limiting carpooling or travelling in vehicles other than your immediate household family members. If you must travel with individuals outside your immediate house, please wearing a mask.
If you begin to develop symptoms for more than 24 for hours, even if mild; please contact Fisher River Health Services.
SYMPTOMS – New onset of:
- Fever > 38°C or subjective fever / chills
- Sore Throat / hoarse voice
- Shortness of Breath/Breathing Difficulties
- Loss of Smell or Taste
- Vomiting or Diarrhea for more than 24 hours
TWO OR MORE of:
- Runny nose
- Muscle aches
- Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye)
- Skin rash of unknown cause
- Nausea or loss of appetite
- Poor Feeding (if an Infant)
Please DO NOT travel if you do need to and please STAY HOME if you are feeling unwell. We all must do our part in protecting the community and these measures are to help contain the spread of COVID-19.
Chief David Crate
Councillor Darrell Thaddeus
Councillor Joshua Sinclair
Councillor Carl Cochrane
Councillor Vince Crate
- Fisher River Health Services oversees Isolation matters for those who are COVID-19 Positives and those named as Close Contacts.
- Fisher River Cree Nation Security oversees Isolation matters regarding violations of Health & Safety Protocols and Restrictions.
If you develop symptoms or you are not sure if you should be tested, contact Fisher River Health Services COVID-19 Hotline at 431.256.0395 between 8:30am – 11:00pm. For after hours you can contact Percy E. Moore Hospital at 204.372.8444 or Health Links – Info Santé is available for questions or medical concerns at 204-788-8200 or toll-free at 1-888-315-9257. Or if you are needing to speak to someone regarding mental wellness, please contact the Rainbow House Wellness Centre 24 Hour Line a 204.256.0359.