March 20, 2020
RE: Update on COVID-19 #7
As of March 20, 2020 Manitoba Government has declared a State of Emergency.
As of March 19, 2020, Public health officials advise the number of lab-confirmed positive and presumptive positive cases in Manitoba remains at 17 at this time. Public health investigations are continuing on the two positive cases identified yesterday. It appears that both cases are related to travel.
Percy E. Moore Hospital Update:
- They have now removed extra chairs in the waiting area. Chairs will now have a 6 feet distance between each to practice Social Distancing.
- Bulletin Flashboard at hospital now has reminders to wash hands, practice social distancing, etc.
- There are no visitors allowed with exception on case by case.
Fisher River Health Centre Update:
- Will remain open during regular business hours.
- No Physician appointments for March 2020, those who have clinical appointments already booked, please phone FRHC and you will be provided with more information.
- Please see attached letter from the Rainbow Wellness team on-call services.
- Regular team meetings are taking place, we are doing our best for our community members as information comes to us.
- Selkirk, Mb opened a testing site on March 18th at 622 Superior Ave., it will be open every day from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Eriksdale will open a site on March 25, 2020. More information will follow as to the exact location.
With a lot of information becoming available on-line, please keep in mind that some of it may be misleading therefore it is highly recommended you keep informed with the following links that are legitimate:
- https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool *** NEW SCREENING TOOL****
Friendly reminder to always wash your hands, cover your cough and practice social distancing.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Tanya Kirkness, Nurse-in-Charge or Lana Harper at the Fisher River Health Centre at 204-645-2689.
The Fisher River Health Centre will continue providing regular updates regarding the COVID-19, also know as Corona Virus, as changes and updates are provided from Manitoba Health.
Director of Health
Fisher River Health Centre