RE: Update on COVID-19 #8
As of today March 24th:
# of lab-confirmed positive and presumptive positive cases in Manitoba: 21
Fisher River Health Centre Update:
- Will remain open during regular business hours with closing between 12:00pm – 1:00pm for lunch.
- We have started Monitoring and screening the front entrance of the Health Centre.
- Upon arrival you will be asked a series of questions: Have you traveled outside of Manitoba, do you have cold or flu-like symptoms such as Fever, Headache, Cough.
- The seating area has now changed, due to distancing, we have removed some chairs to follow 6 feet between one another.
- Physician appointments will still continue, but will be provided over the phone, if you require more information please call the health centre.
- Health Center highly recommends clients to attend their medical appointments alone unless an escort for assistance is required.
- This step is to limit the flow of traffic within and throughout the health centre.
- The Dentist has been cancelled this week and will advise when they will reopen.
- Rainbow Wellness team has developed an on-call rotation; March 24 & 25th is Madeline.
- Friendly reminder that as we move along with COVID-19, things change from day to day, we kindly ask for your patience as we continue updating you on a regular basis
- Percy E. Moore (PEM) is a testing site; PEM has in place protocols on who requires testing.
- Selkirk, MB is a testing site as of March 18th at 622 Superior Ave., it will be open everyday from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Eriksdale will open a site on March 25, 2020.
With lots of information becoming available on-line, please keep in mind that some of it may be misleading therefore it is highly recommended you keep informed with the following links that are legitimate:
- https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool *** NEW SCREENING TOOL****
Friendly reminder to always wash your hands, cover your cough and practice social distancing.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Tanya Kirkness, Nurse-in-Charge or Lana Harper at the Fisher River Health Centre at 204-645-2689.
The Fisher River Health Centre will continue providing regular updates regarding the COVID-19, also know as Corona Virus, as changes and updates are provided from Manitoba Health.
Director of Health
Fisher River Health Centre