RE: Update on COVID-19 #9
As of today March 29th:
Public Health has updated lab-confirmed positive 69 and probable positive cases 3 with a total in Manitoba: 72
Interlake has 3 confirmed
Fisher River Health Centre Update:
- Will remain open during regular business hours.
- We ask anyone who has traveled into Fisher River from outside of Manitoba to stay home; This is called Self-Isolation and remains for the next 14 days; you are to watch for flu-like symptoms and should you have these symptoms,
FRHC M-F 8:30-4:30pm Ph: 204-645-2689,
PEMH after 4:30pm Ph: 204-372-8444, and or
Health Links: Ph Toll Free: 1-888-315-9257.
- CLEAR MESSAGE to everyone; STAY home as much as possible.
- Health Centre is still asking everyone who has or shows flu-like symptoms to call ahead; Do not come into the health centre if you have any cold or flu like symptoms.
- Health Center highly recommends clients to attend their medical appointments alone unless an escort for assistance is required. This step is to limit the flow of traffic within and throughout the health centre.
- Please be advised, Public Health information changes from day to day, this is very evident from last week to this week.
- CLEAR MESSAGE: Wash your hands, stay 6 feet apart from one another, stay home as much as possible, avoid social gatherings.
Sharing a strong message from MB Health’s LIVE broadcast today with Dr. Roussin & Lanette Siragusa:
- If you need to go out, please stay your distance of 6 feet from one another.
- All travelers coming from outside of Manitoba are to Self-Isolate for 14 days.
- 919 Swabs completed; this does not include yesterday – Saturday
- EVERY Manitoban is advised to stay home as much as possible, it takes all of us to be working together to flatten the curve and that time is NOW.
- There is no treatment as of yet, but are still trying to find one
- COVID-19 affects any age or group, those who are more at risk is our 65+ who have under lining health issues are more susceptible.
- The more people stay home, the better it is for flattening this curve.
- Social gathering will be limited to 10 starting Monday March 30, 2020. If you go within parks and see that the crowd is growing, keep your distance, all Manitobans are to help and now is the time to do so.
- Percy E. Moore (PEM) is a testing site; PEM has in place protocols on who requires testing.
- Selkirk, MB is a testing site as of March 18th at 622 Superior Ave., it will be open everyday from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Eriksdale is fully functional and is located at the Wellness Parking Lot.
- Pine Falls is fully functional.
With a lot of information becoming available on-line, please keep in mind that some of it may be misleading therefore it is highly recommended you keep informed with the following links that are legitimate:
- https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool *** NEW SCREENING TOOL****
Friendly reminder to always wash your hands, cover your cough and practice social distancing.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Tanya Kirkness, Nurse-in-Charge or Lana Harper at the Fisher River Health Centre at 204-645-2689.
The Fisher River Health Centre will continue providing regular updates regarding the COVID-19, also know as Corona Virus, as changes and updates are provided from Manitoba Health.
Director of Health
Fisher River Health Centre