Fisher River Board of Education is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Director of Education
Reporting directly to the Board of Education, the Director has the overall responsibility for all financial, administrative and management procedures of the administration office, the schools, Daycare and post-secondary education programs.
Program and Service Delivery
- Oversees planning, implementation, delivery and evaluation of programs, projects and services.
- Ensures sound financial management practices and prudent management of the organization’s resources within approved budget and applicable program and legislative guidelines
Human Resource Management
- Oversees management of the organization’s human resources according to authorized personnel policies and ensures compliance with employment and workplace legislation.
- Ensures effective recruitment, development, performance and retention of the organization’s employees.
Executive Support and Liaison
- Maintain collaborative relationships between and among entities in matters related to administration services and programs.
Policy, Compliance and Contract Administration
- Ensure all procedures, policies, and standards are formulated, approved and enforced.
- Oversees complete and timely reporting required by Education Association.
- Oversees negotiations and approval of all contractual obligations for the organization.
- Must possess a Bachelor of Education and 4 years of experience in education administration.
- Must have successful working experience as an administrator and supervisor.
- Must possess excellent written and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate good public relation skills.
- Must be willing to undergo security clearance checks.
All candidates may submit their resumes, supporting documents and three references, one of which must be the last supervisor to:
Fisher River Cree Nation
Board of Education Office
Box 368, Koostatak, MB ROC 1SO
Fax: (204) 645-2788
The successful candidate’s employment is contingent upon meeting all pre-employment policies of the Fisher River Cree Nation.
Closing date for applications: Thursday, December 3, 2020