Fisher River Cree Nation will begin to lift certain COVID-19 State of Emergency restrictions beginning 6:00am Tuesday June 2nd, 2020.
This includes (*Subject to Change*):
- Curfew hours will be 12:00am – 6:00am
- Day Travel to the City of Winnipeg, City of Selkirk, Fisher Branch, Arborg and Gimli. Travel to Winnipeg and the other listed travel location is for DAY TRAVEL ONLY and must return before the beginning of Curfew. Members will be asked a questionnaire upon leaving and returning. | It is also recommended that you Self-Monitor temperatures upon returning and if you can, to not take young children with you to Winnipeg as young children are a High Risk. | We recommend that you avoid Shopping Malls, as most have very loose COVID-19 protocols in place. | We also strongly recommend to avoid Hospitals (unless you have an appointment).
- Off-Reserve Membership Access, Off-reserve members entering the community will be under strict guidelines during visits; guidelines include:
- You must enter the Peguis Checkpoint at Highway #224 & the Fisher River Checkpoint at the main community entrance.
- You must declare the residence you are visiting and how long you will be staying in the community. Members are restricted to visiting/staying in one residence and not travelling around the community.
- You will be screened when entering/exiting Check Points.
- We recommend you limit your visiting to just family and friends you originally came out to see only.
- No stopping or shopping at stores including, fuel and groceries or any public places in the community.
- Any member not following guidelines will be escorted out of the community and possibly have access privileges revoked.
- Households that Off-Reserve members visit; we ask that you Self-Monitor temperatures for 14 days.
- Anyone found experiencing symptoms will be asked to take a COVID-19 test (24-48-hour) in Selkirk, MB, and provide proof of a negative result, prior to being approved for access.
The following State of Emergency measures remain in place until Further Notice.
- Checkpoints & Curfew between 12:00am – 6:00am. All Checkpoint are CLOSED between these hours and there is no access in or out.
- Prohibited Travel to Hot Spots. This includes: City of Dauphin, City of Brandon and communities/cities along TransCanada Highway #1.
- Public Gathering limits of 25 Indoors and 50 Outdoors.
Leadership reminds all members to be safe and practice social distancing to ensure the safety for all of our members.
For Public Health related questions, please call Fisher River Health Services at 204.645.2689; for questions about COVID-19 Restrictions, please call Fisher River Cree Nation Administration Office at 204.645.2171.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation at this time.
Chief David Crate
Councillor Darrell Thaddeus
Councillor Joshua Sinclair
Councillor Carl Cochrane
Councillor Vince Crate