Fisher River Cree Nation has amended certain COVID-19 State of Emergency restrictions beginning 6:00am Thursday June 11, 2020. Previous lifted restrictions from Phase 1 & 2 remain so. However, the following **provincial and federal restrictions also remain in place.
- CLOSING of Checkpoints. All Checkpoint are CLOSED and Curfew is removed. Overnight stays out of the community are at the discretion of the members. Members are asked to please follow Social Distancing and Manitoba Public Health Guidelines when out in public areas, such as:
1. Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds, avoiding touching your face, coughing or sneezing into your elbow or sleeve, and disposing of tissues appropriately.
2. staying home and away from others, especially if you are sick; and
3. maintaining a distance of two metres or six feet from others in public.
- All Prohibited Travel Restrictions are Lifted. Members wanting to travel to the following are able to do so: City of Dauphin, City of Brandon and communities/cities along TransCanada Highway #1. We recommend that you avoid Shopping Malls as most have very loose COVID-19 protocols in place. We also strongly recommend avoiding visiting Hospitals (unless you have an appointment or it is an Emergency).
- **Public Gathering limits of 25 Indoors and 50 Outdoors.
- **Public health officials are strongly advising all Manitobans, including health-care providers, to cancel or postpone any non-essential travel (domestic or international).
- **As of April 17, all interprovincial travellers returning to Manitoba are to self-isolate for 14 days. Which includes anyone coming for functions such as Weddings, Funerals, Tournaments, etc.
- Anyone has been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results are to self-isolate for 14 days, or until the test comes back negative for COVID-19.
- **As of April 17, travel to northern Manitoba (north of the 53rd parallel of latitude) is prohibited with some exceptions, including:
1. residents of northern and remote communities may continue to move within the north;
2. delivery of goods and services may continue; and
3. exceptions include those who travel to the north for employment, medical treatment or to facilitate child custody agreements.
4. Review exceptions here: https://manitoba.ca/bg/2020/04/covid19.html
- Camping Restrictions to Members are LIFTED.Must follow Manitoba Public Health orders and protocols.
Please note if there is a spike in cases in the Province, Fisher River Cree Nation may enact all previous restrictions to protect the wellbeing of our members.
Leadership reminds all members to be safe and practice social distancing to ensure the safety for all of our members. For Public Health related questions, please call Fisher River Health Services at 204.645.2689; for questions about COVID-19 Restrictions, please call Fisher River Cree Nation Administration Office at 204.645.2171.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Fisher River Cree Nation Chief & Council