|Posting Date: June 17, 2020||Position Status: Full Time|
|Department: Housekeeping & Laundry||Position Title: Housekeeping & Laundry Supervisor|
|Supervisor: Director||Hours of Work: 80 hrs Bi-weekly|
Under the direction of the Director, the HK/Laundry Supervisor is responsible for the overall management of the Housekeeping and Laundry Department of the OSCN Personal Care Home. Duties include: Overseeing and ensuring a safe/clean home for the residents; managing, directing staff in both work areas including scheduling staff to work as required; ordering supplies & equipment for the department; managing the budget of this work area; ensuring policies, procedures and standards are maintained for the department; participating in senior staff management meetings; Housekeeping/laundry duties as scheduled; and, general administrative duties such as timesheets, leave forms, schedules, correspondence, etc’.
|Qualifications/Skills & Abilities|
- Minimum of Grade 12 and/or at least five years work experience in Housekeeping and/or Laundry work.
- Criminal Record and Adult Abuse Registry checks required with resume (current within 6 months)
- Current certificate in First Aid, CPR & WHMIS or must be willing to take the training.
- Knowledge, skill, and ability to manage the department including scheduling, ordering supplies, knowledge of the standards in this work area and general knowledge of budgeting.
- Excellent human resource and public relations skills to manage staff and present reports to Management and/or Board of Directors.
- Ability to work with a computer and excellent writing skills.
- Must be available for On Call outside of regular working hours.
- Ability to take direction and to follow through.
- Must be in good physical and mental health; due to the workload and heavy lifting and ability to manage work related stress in a positive and proactive manner.
- A positive attitude towards residents, co-workers, supervisors, management, and the public.
- Practices and respects confidentiality of PCH information including staff and resident’s information.
|PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
Ochekwi Sipi Cree Nation
Personal Care Home
Koostatak, Mb. R0C 1S0
Phone: 204-645-2811 Fax: 204-645-2450
Deadline for Applications: July 1, 2020
*We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.*
*As per the FRCN By-Law 2004-01, Sec. 8.01, the successful candidate will be subject to a pre-screening drug test.