As of September 4, 2020, it is mandatory to wear a face mask in each business in Fisher River Cree Nation. Community members are requested to carry and use their own cloth face mask while in public, however most business’s will have disposable face masks if needed.
It is also recommended that community members wear face masks while at public gatherings such as weddings, funerals, and other events.
Some advice on how to safely wear a mask:
- Always wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before you put on a mask and after you take it off.
- Always put a mask on with clean hands, leave it on until you are done using it, or if it becomes soiled, and remove it carefully.
- Make sure your mask fits close to your face (doesn’t gape).
- Do not share your masks with others.
- Avoid touching your mask while wearing it.
- Change your mask as soon as it is damp or soiled.
- When you are finished wearing your reusable face mask place directly into a bag or into the washing machine.
Wearing a mask in public protects those around you. It does not reduce your chances of getting sick. The benefit of wearing a mask is that we all do it together, as a community. If everyone around you is wearing a mask, then we are all safer. (Info obtained from WRHA, Aug 28,2020)
Other ways to reduce the risk of COVID-19
- Wash your hand or use an alcohol based hand sanitizer
- Cover your mouth & nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
- Stay home when sick
- Physical distancing – stay 2 metres (6 feet) apart
- Wear a mask
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose.
Chief and Council