Full-time – MEDICAL UNIT CLERK
(Term to March 31, 2021)
Under the direction of the Nurse-In-Charge, the Medical Unit Clerk is responsible for planning, organizing and assisting with medical and health clinics in the area of maintaining and preparing client files, both paper and electronic; assist with scheduling and confirming patient appointments for Physician Clinics; ensuring the documentation of lab requisitions, physician referrals and other health related reports are e-filed and appropriately coordinated through the referral criteria.
- Grade 12 Education or equivalent;
- Certified Training as Unit Clerk from a recognized institution, and/or two years’ experience as a Unit Clerk, medical preferred, but not required;
- Successful completion of Medical Terminology course, preferred, but not required;
- Demonstrated ability to use various Computer Software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Electronic and Central Filing System (e-Health, e-Chart, Telehealth, new system Accuro)
- Understanding of the First Nations Health Care Delivery and Services of the FRCN Health Services;
- Ability to work as a team member and work independently at times;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required;
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing and time management skills required;
- Must be available to work flexible hours at times;
- Must be willing to adhere to Illegal Drug testing as per FRCN Band Policy/Procedures.
Deadline to Submit: October 23, 2020
Apply in writing with 2 references (recent employer), along with your Criminal Record Check to:
Fisher River Cree Nation Health Services
Dolly Cochrane, Human Resource Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 204-645-2461
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.