Fisher River Board of Education invites applications for a Speech Language Pathologist for the 2023/2024 school year.
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Licensure by the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists (CASLPM)
- Must be in possession of a current School Clinician Certificate (Speech-Language Pathology) or eligible to obtain a SLP certificate will also be considered
- Must be able to consult and collaborate with school teams and outside agencies in order to coordinate efforts on behalf of students
- Ability to provide intervention, treatment services and resources
- Ability to provide assessment, programming, therapy and professional development sessions
- Experience working with children and youth
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Willing to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of speaking and/or writing the Cree Language would be an asset, willing to learn the Cree Language
- Acting as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in the Student Services department which may include parents, students, classroom teacher, education Assistant(s) school administration, clinicians and other professionals.
- Will work collaboratively with school and program-based teams to support and promote student learning.
- Will provide services including, assessment, programming, and therapeutic interventions and consultative services.
- Maintaining positive human relationships.
- Utilize the Cree language and local culture.
Applicants may submit a covering letter along with a resume, Child Abuse and Criminal Record Checks, and include 3 references (one of which must be the last supervisor) to:
Fisher River Board of Education Office
Box 368, Koostatak, MB R0C 1S0
E-mail: [email protected]
The successful candidate’s employment is contingent upon meeting all pre-employment policies of the Fisher River Cree Nation.
All applicants are thanked for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for resumes: OPEN UNTIL FILLED