3:00pm October 29, 2020
Please be advised that there was 0 new cases of COVID-19 identified today. 12 active cases in the community remain and a total of 21 individuals have recovered from COVID-19. There has been a total of 33 cases in the community.
Fisher River Health Centre continues to do COVID-19 testing and if you think you should be tested or are needing to ask questions regarding testing; please call the Fisher River Health Services COVID-19 Hotline at 431.256.0395 (8:30am-11:00pm).
*Please note that any new cases announced gets automatically added to the "Active Cases" block*
We recommend that you be tested for COVID-19 if you have had any of the following symptoms for more than 24 hours, even if mild:
- Fever > 38°C or subjective fever / chills
- Sore Throat / hoarse voice
- Shortness of Breath/Breathing Difficulties
- Loss of Smell or Taste
- Vomiting or Diarrhea for more than 24 hours
- Runny nose
- Muscle aches
- Skin rash of unknown cause
- Nausea or loss of appetite
- Poor Feeding (if an Infant)
We remind members to refrain from posting concerns or reporting individuals on Social Media, as it can lead to panic and stress. It can also impact the important work that Fisher River Health Services must carry out to ensure the safety of our members and may prove to do more harm than some may realize.
- can make people feel guilty or bad about themselves if they have the virus and affect their mental wellness
- People may be less likely to get tested or seek treatment for the virus if they fear they will face discrimination on social media or in the public.
- People who have COVID-19, or think they may have come into contact with someone who is infected, might avoid a quarantine to hide the fact they are sick.
- Stigma and discrimination can also increase anxiety, as the person has to worry about how to manage the discrimination.
Fisher River Health Services work very closely with individuals to ensure the safety of our community.
Please refer to the Fisher River Cree Nation website, social media pages and mobile app for official information regarding COVID-19.
Fisher River Health Services COVID-19 Hotline: 431.256.0395
8:30am – 7:00pm
Fisher River Cree Nation COVID-19 General & Travel Questions Hotline: 431.256.0041