Please be advised that two individuals will be going door to door starting on Monday February 28th, 2022 asking for signatures. Everyone in the household that is 18 and over can sign it. The more we get the better it will be for us.
Manitoba requires addresses for Petitions thus means the online petition will not be accepted.
The individuals will be following the Safety Protocols.
The background to this petition is as follows:
- Provincial Road number 224 serves Peguis First Nation, Fisher River Cree Nation and surrounding communities. The road is in need of substantial repairs.
- The road has been in poor condition for years and has numerous potholes, uneven driving surfaces, and extremely narrow shoulders.
- Due to recent population growth in the area, there has been increased vehicular and pedestrian use of PR 224.
- Without repair, PR 224 will continue to pose a hazard to the many Manitobans who use it regularly.
- Concerned Manitobans are requesting that PR 224 be assessed and repaired urgently to improve safety for its users.
DOWNLOAD PETITION SHEET: ROADS – HWY 224 Petition