The leadership of Fisher River Cree Nation have agreed to maintain all COVID-19 Restrictions until June 1st, 2020.
- Continuation of Checkpoints Restrictions & Curfew of 10:00 pm – 6:00 am.
- Prohibited travel to City of Winnipeg, City of Selkirk, City of Dauphin, City of Brandon and communities/cities along TransCanada Highway #1.
- 5 Hour Time limit to travel to Fisher Branch, Arborg & Gimli for Essential purposes.
- Public Gatherings are still restricted to 10 persons.
- Funerals within the community will follow COVID-19 safety measures including:
- Social Distancing rules will apply including 6 feet distancing
- Visitors from outside the community will be screened and have temperature taken
- Limited time for viewing
Essential Service providers such as BellMTS, Manitoba Hydro, Emergency personnel will not be affected.
We are requesting members to NOT travel to campgrounds outside the borders to locations such as Beaver Creek, Hnausa, etc., Public Health COVID-19 protocols will apply if request is not followed.
Also, we are asking families who have planned family reunions/gathering to postpone/cancel due to the COVID-19 restrictions on gatherings.
Members residing off reserve requesting assistance, are asked to contact AMC Eagle Urban Transition Centre at (204) 954-3050 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice Regarding Cottage/Cabin Access:
At the request of the Province of Manitoba, Leadership from Peguis First Nation, Fisher River Cree Nation, Kinonjeoshtegon First Nation, Harwill, Red Rose, Dallas and the RM of Fisher have collectively agreed to allow access through Peguis First Nation for cabin/cottage owners as of May 15, 2020.
However, Cottagers and Camp goers will not be allowed access into Fisher River Cree Nation at our Checkpoints.
Cabin and cottage owners will be escorted, by security, directly to their properties. There is a NO STOPPING and NO CONTACT order for cottage owners while travelling through Peguis First Nation at this time.
For Public Health related questions, please call Fisher River Health Services at 204.645.2689; for questions about COVID-19 Restrictions, please call Fisher River Cree Nation Administration Office at 204.645.2171.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation at this time.
Chief David Crate
Councillor Darrell Thaddeus
Councillor Joshua Sinclair
Councillor Carl Cochrane
Councillor Vince Crate