Please be advised that 1 new additional case of COVID-19 was identified today, which brings the community’s total active cases to 4. The positive test result has been sent to the provincial public health laboratory for confirmation.
Safety protocols & procedures have been put in place and there is no immediate threat to the public. We again assure that Health Services are doing their due diligence for the safety of our members.
Remember to follow safety protocols when going out in public:
- wearing a face mask in the public,
- maintain Social distancing.
- clean commonly touched surfaces,
- frequently wash hands for 20 seconds,
- avoid contact with sick individuals,
- stay home if feeling sick, even if mild symptoms, and
- limiting carpooling or travelling in vehicles other than your immediate household family members
We also recommend that you be tested for COVID-19 if you have had any of the following symptoms for more than 24 hours, even if mild:
- Fever > 38°C or subjective fever / chills
- Sore Throat / hoarse voice
- Shortness of Breath/Breathing Difficulties
- Loss of Smell or Taste
- Vomiting or Diarrhea for more than 24 hours
- Runny nose
- Muscle aches
- Skin rash of unknown cause
- Nausea or loss of appetite
- Poor Feeding (if an Infant)
We also ask members to refrain from posting concerns or reporting individuals on Social Media, as it can lead to panic and stress. Fisher River Health Services work very close with individuals to ensure the safety of our community. Please refer to the Fisher River Cree Nation website, social media pages and mobile app for official information regarding COVID-19. Fisher River Health Services have been preparing for such a situation from the beginning and all procedures and protocols are being followed to ensure the safety of the community.
If you have travelled outside of Manitoba, experience fever, cough, shortness of breath or have symptoms of a respiratory illness (regardless of travel), even if mild, stay home and contact the Fisher River Health Services COVID-19 Hotline at 431.256.0395 between 8:30am – 11:00pm. For after hours you can contact Percy E. Moore Hospital at 204.372.8444 or Health Links – Info Santé is available for questions or medical concerns at 204-788-8200 or toll-free at 1-888-315-9257.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Chief David Crate & Leadership
Fisher River Health Services