March 19, 2020
Chief and Council along with Health Services want to ensure Members that they are monitoring the COVID 19 situation closely and are taking the appropriate actions for the safety of our membership. Leadership & Health Services are receiving updates hourly from the various Health Organizations, Assembly of First Nations, and Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs and will continue to update Members each day as new information comes to light.
As well; Administration along with the various entities have updated and have in place their respective Pandemic Plans to follow.
To date, the following Closures, Cancellations and Limitations are in affect:
- – All Community Events & Gatherings Postponed
- – Closure of Charles Sinclair & Fisher River High School
- – Closure of Wee Care Daycare Centre
- – No Public Access to Personal Care Home
- – Closure of Bryden Cochrane Sr. Sports Complex
- – No Public Access to Employment & Training Office
- – Closing of Gaming Centre
- – No outside Referrals to First Nation Healing Centre
- – Reservations at Bay River Inn & Suites are being screened before coming
- – Outside Delivery and Service agents are being screened before entering, as well as dropping deliveries outside of facilities
Fisher River Grocery are also tripling their freight orders, in addition, Health Services will be receiving more essential items such as Hand Sanitizers, Cleaning Wipes etc.
More information regarding Social Assistance will be released in the coming days.
Leadership want to stress to Members that they do not travel outside the community, unless it is for essential travel only.
Fisher River Health Services will continue to provide daily Bulletins.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time.
Chief Crate & Council