With the decline in COVID-19 cases within our community and in consultation with Health, FR School Board and Chief and Council our schools will be reopening full-time on February 28, 2022 for in school learning.
We will be following those guidelines along with the points below when reopening on February 28, 2022.
- Masks are mandatory for all students, staff, and visitors.
- Staff and students are expected to continue to follow the fundamentals of self-screening, hand hygiene, and staying home when sick. Parents/caregivers will be required to continue to screen their children for COVID-19 symptoms before sending them to school. Schools will continue to send symptomatic students’ home. Parents will be contacted to pick up their child.
- Rapid test kits will be at CSS and FRHS for distribution. Staff and Students exhibiting any symptoms are to stay home.
- Sports and extracurriculars activities are allowed to resume and will follow all Public Health and Sport Manitoba requirements.
- School bus transportation will resume. Assigned seating will continue, mask usage on buses will be mandatory and we will also follow current public health recommendations and guidelines. Buses will be cleaned daily. Although our regular busing schedule will resume, reducing the number of students on our buses will help to minimize potential exposure to riders.
- The VJK’s mature program and Wee Centre will also reopen on the February 28th, with COVID-19 guidelines in place.
Thank you for your continued patience as we continue to create safe environments and provide education to all our learners. We look forward to having a sense of normalcy for the remainder of the school year.
Director of Education